Have you every realize that you could NOT use Lookup column in your Calculated column formula. Below is few snapshots to show the limitation.
Project Reports library
I would like to have ReportComment = [Project] & ‘ ‘ & [Created by] & ‘ ‘ & [Last Modified Date]
But I could no do it since there is no Project Lookup column from the available list of columns.
In this article, I will show you the trick to utilize your Lookup column in Calculated column formula using SharePoint Designer workflow.
- Go to Project Report Library Settings and Delete existing ReportComment column.
- In Project Report Library Settings, Add new column ReportComment column as Single Line of text.
- Open Microsoft SharePoint Designer.
- File > Open Site > enter your site URL.
- From Ribbon > List Workflow > Project Reports.
- In Create List Workflow window, enter Name and Description.
- Create workflow to look like below.
- Do not forget to set the Start Options of the workflow.
- Save and Publish the workflow.
Now its time to test it.
- Upload document to Project Report library.
- Workflow will set the ReportComment column.
Hopefully it might save your time and Thank you ..