Recently, I’ve face this issue where user unable to schedule page publishing and got the error message.
User get following error message when schedule publishing SharePoint page.
“An error occurred trying to publish this page on the set schedule.
Republish the page with a new date or view the log if the problem continues.”
Schedule Publishing SharePoint page depends on below SharePoint Timer Job Definition:
- Scheduled Approval
- Scheduled Page Review
- Scheduled Unpublish
- Variations Propagate Page Job Definition
- Variations Propagate Site Job Definition
The problem is when you backup and restore your SharePoint web application, you end up loosing these SharePoint Timer Job Definitions.
- Check whether above SharePoint Timer Job Definitions exists in the web application.
- Check when is the Last run time for each of them to ensure they are run regularly.
1. ReActivate SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure from Site Settings > Site Collection Features.
2. Create new site collection using Publishing or Collaboration Portal template in the same / existing web application. This will create required SharePoint Timer Job Definitions in the web application and you could delete the site collection later.
3. If above SharePoint Timer Job Definitions created but still not running regularly, then Check your identity user account used by SharePoint Timer job. Ensure the account got dbowner access to Web Application Content Database.